Looking for a rewarding career? Join the MITS team and support our students to pursue their aspirations in Melbourne.
Become part of a team creating a home environment in Melbourne for Indigenous people from remote and regional communities.
These three roles exist due to an expansion of our boarding facilities, promotion of existing staff and to replace key staff who, after 3 plus years, have decided to move on.
We are currently seeking:
• Boarding Coordinators (2 positions): we have both a part-time and a full-time vacancy commencing in 2022 at Lockington (male and female Year 7 students) or at Richmond Alumni House for Girls (Years 8-12). Positions will also be available in our new Richmond Alumni House for Boys once it opens in Term 2, 2022.
• Senior Boarding Coordinator: with sound boarding experience looking to take on responsibility for student travel administration, medical supervision, planning of weekend activities. In this role the person will be responsible for the operations of the House when the Manager is off duty.
To be successful in these roles the person will have:
• previous experience in a residential or boarding school environment and a clear understanding of the duty of care for both male and female residential students and the relationships with their families;
• experience working with Indigenous students with respect and empathy for their cultures and demonstrated desire for reconciliation;
• an understanding of and experience living in a remote or regional community; and
• be available to work a 7-day (Mon to Sunday) rotating shift which includes evenings, nights, day and weekend shifts.
In addition to the general Boarding Coordinator duties above, the Senior Boarding Coordinator role will focus on:
• coordination of student activities: As the senior coordinator you will be responsible for overseeing mediations, extensive student travel at the start and end of each term, planning weekend and after school activities; and
• staff supervision. You will hold a senior role when the Boarding Manager is off duty and will be responsible for supervision and development of other boarding staff.
A full job description which covers the three roles is available above.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for any of these roles with MITS, click here. Please nominate which role(s) you are applying for within your one application - you only need to submit a single application.
You will be asked to provide your details, a copy of your CV and a short description of your experience and reason for seeking this position.
For further information please contact Hilary Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org There is no closing date, please apply ASAP.
We are always keen to hear from prospective families, parents and students, interested supporters and new partners. To contact us, please complete the form below.